Sunday, March 13, 2011

Fear and Facing it Immediately

Woke up this a.m. feeling immediate pain and stiffness. I haven't felt sore since my last treatment 2 weeks ago, my final treatment 2 weeks ago. Immediately my fears of my back issues came up and overcame me.  Immediately the old Deb came out and I felt defeated. Immediately, I doubted myself and tried to tell myself that I couldn't do this. Immediately, I began believing that I wouldn't be able to lose this weight and accomplish my goal of running a 5 K by the end of the year. Immediately, I started panicking and immediately had that tightness in my chest that I get when I go into an anxiety attack. I laid there thinking of an immediate action. What could I do to not let this fear get the best of me and face it immediately?  As I contemplated this, I heard my husband tell my son that I wasn't up yet and I was hurting again.  For some reason that immediately set me on fire and I was determined that I wasn't going to allow this to happen to me again. I rolled over and of course, the two dogs were there so after much love and encouragement from them, I got out of the bed and immediately took action.

I immediately filled a 16 oz cup with crushed ice and water and immediately drank it.  I immediately reached over to the Excedrin for Back/Body pain and took two and then I immediately took a deep breath and allowed my head to clear of the fear. I then immediately laid down on my floor in the living room and did extensive stretching exercises that the physical therapist showed me to immediately tackle this stiffness/soreness when it occurs. With that done, I started feeling more confident and then, my day went about it's normal routine. I ate my very healthy breakfast and drank a cup of hot tea. I then immediately wrote down what I ate because I decided after that great WW meeting on Friday where I felt rejeuvanated that no matter what I am going to immediately journal my food intake so that I can be successful this upcoming week with a weight loss of at least a lbs. I have realized that my weight loss won't be immediate but my attitude towards it needs to be.

I went on Twitter and read some of the ladies who have successfully lost a large amount of weight and got the immediate encouragement I needed to go on with this immediate way of thinking. One is a little younger than me and was at one time a little larger than me so I tend to relate to her more. Her blog inspired me so much today that I sent her a direct message. I just needed to write it out what I was feeling and immediately face this fear and not allow it to get the best of me. She was very compassionate and I immediately felt calmer. Enough so that I took another deep breath and immediately blogged about it.  Now my back pain has subsided enough that I can go on with my day. I have decided that I need to rest my back today but I'm not going to rest my plan of action to lose this weight. I am going to train smart and listen to my body when it gives me signals. It's going to be 70 degrees here today so I will go outside and enjoy this beautiful gift that God has blessed us with - LIFE and I'm going to enjoy it immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment